If your QuickBooks® file is huge, there are high chances that your computer may start slowing down. Let me explain what exactly is considered a big file. Files over 300 MB can begin to also down your computer. When you start feeling the slowness of the computer you can check out few tips we provide and plan to begin a new data file
Another query you would at this point is, by making a change to my data will I lose that data forever?
The answer is No. Just like any other excel file or word file you can copy, paste and rename your data file letting you access the file anytime you want to retrieve that information. All the new data should be entered in the new file. If all this information is making you dizzy. Worry not! Just give us call on our toll free number and we shall assist you within the next half an hour.
So here are few things you can consider doing to solve this problem:
- Upgrade to QuickBooks® Enterprise. Yes, purchase a new powerful server just to run the QuickBooks® and use terminal services. When you access QuickBooks® through terminal services the data and software is red riding on the same computer and provides a quicker reaction time as the data doesn’t go through the network. We have plenty of companies running the same file until it reaches close to 2 Gigs. For more information and update on QuickBooks® enterprise call our toll free number and get assisted.
- Another option you have is to condense or archive which means clean-up the data file. It will reduce the file size by around 20%. This can be a temporary alternative when you want to start a new data file. This will replace your detailed transactions with monthly journal entries for the period you are condensing.
One thing you need to is to back up your data safely. The good idea is to copy the file so that you can get back to the relevant file if you need it. From the 2012 edition this feature has improved greatly. If you need any sort of assistance with the procedure do not hesitate to call our helpline number.
- In some cases the file after condensing also may not be small enough. So in that case you can start a new data file by copying the current file and copying simultaneously the transactions you wish to keep and rest only the opening balances. This is ideal if you starting a new file in a new year. This can get time consuming if you lots of accounts receivable and payable. Worry not! Call our helpline and we will guide you through the procedure without any hassle.
- Also you can request QuickBooks® large file conversion service number to start a new file anytime during the year or even at year end. Over a weekend we will take your existing file eliminate all transactions and import balances from last year and all transactions from this year and import them into the new file. Companies which use QuickBooks® payroll service will need to add year-to-date history. We provide this service also to our clients for an additional fee.
- Another option you have is to request our New Start QuickBooks® File, when your list items like customers, vendors etc have become unmanageable and all you want to is a new start or in some cases when your file start a to show signs of corrupt database like crashing, failing to backup etc. We will provide you a brand new QuickBooks® file importing only your active customers, vendors, employees and accounts along with your accounts beginning balances and transactions from the first year.
So next time you feel your computer is slowing down due to the huge QuickBooks® file you know what to do. Or just give us a call on our helpline number and we will be happy to assist you.