Intuit® has created quite a buzz by introducing QuickBooks® software for accountants and Business Owners all over the world. Everything is within one’s reach. For example- tracking your accounts without going through the hassle of opening any files or books, or generating lengthy payroll for all the employees.
These days everyone does banking online. No one wants to wait in long queues in banks for just one transaction. In fact banks also encourage online banking, to facilitate easy access to their customers. A growing business needs at least 2-3 bank accounts. Managing these bank accounts on a day to day basis can be quite a pain. With QuickBooks® Software, you can easily manage your bank accounts in just jiffy.
As we discussed in our last post, you can also make sure that you follow all the tips and tricks for better browsing experience. With QuickBooks®, you can connect bank account and do your banking with accounting anywhere and anytime.
How can you connect your bank account?
You can link your bank accounts with QuickBooks® in these easy steps:
- On the home page of QuickBooks®, you have to click connect an account under Bank Account navigation.
- Select your bank. Enter your user name and password, which will help you to access your account.
- Once the details are entered, try logging in your bank.
- You will get all the details of the accounts you have in your bank. Select the account, which is used for your business purpose.
- After selection, enter your account details in QuickBooks® software. It will download all transactions from last 90 days.
- On your bank page, click on category or match option, to categorize your transaction.It will be noticed that QuickBooks® has placed some transactions under categories. Whereas some expenses or income, which were undefined, were seen as uncategorized.
- Click on the transaction, by opening transaction menu and choose the right category.
- Now you will have to select a payee, meaning the clients name or a business from whom this transaction took place.
- You can enter their name and save it after entering the details.
- If you want to transfer the amount to any other account, then go to transaction and choose the Transfer option.
- Then comes, the split option. In this category, if you are paying to different categories of expenses, then click split.
- Lastly, to make things easy, if all the transactions are correctly categorized, then click all the check boxes by pressing shift key and arrow key thereby selecting all transactions and clicking the batch option and accept selected.
Now your bank account is all set and connected with QuickBooks®.